Media & Entertainment’s first and only cloud-based editorial workflow solution.
BeBop: Keep the art. Lose the hardware.
This is your workflow now
This is your BeBop workflow
BeBop Technology creates highly specialized cloud-based services for Media & Entertainment.
Our core product provides cloud-based editorial workstations and storage that deliver the same quality and fidelity as a local workstation.
Instead of moving your content to your editorial tools, BeBop moves the tools to your content. This makes it possible to fully realize the power of the Cloud for Media & Entertainment workflows.
BeBop delivers on this ambitious promise through partnerships with Teradici and DSB Consulting. Teradici provides the basis for the high-quality user experience through its core desktop remoting protocol, and DSB adds more than 6 years of Cloud application development, architecture and ongoing operations experience.
The result is an extremely powerful platform that evolves editorial workflow to a truly cloud-based ideal.
WHAT BEBOP IS
- Customizable Workstations: as many as you need, on demand
- Storage: as much as you need, on demand
- Simplicity: exactly what you need to do, the way you’re used to doing it
- Tool Agnostic: supports all suites and services
- Cloud Resources: Teradici, NVIDIA, AWS, SoftLayer, Aspera, & Vidispine
- Mobility with Security: globally disperse workflows cost-effectively and realistically
- Flexibility: pay as you use the service
- Solution stack: Cloud / PCoIP / Storage / MAM / Teradici / NVIDIA / AWS / SoftLayer / Aspera / Zadara / Vidispine
- Customizable workstation configurations and provisioning deployed as-needed
- Workstations can be either AWS based (g2.2xlarge GPU instance) or SoftLayer based (customizable to customer requirements)
- Managed fully on-demand or provisioning schedules to accommodate any use case scenario
- Storage deployed dynamically on-demand or as-needed
- Multi-region backup / disaster recovery capabilities
- Cloud agnostic
- Storage is direct fiber attached to cloud environment
- Security via services integrated into existing AWS and/or SoftLayer environments
- VPC peering (AWS)
- Global private network + managed VPN infrastructure (SoftLayer)
- Hybrid deployment-friendly
- Day-to-day infrastructure support / system monitoring
- Operational reporting and analytics
- Help desk / defined escalation procedures
- Workflow / event based hyper-care support available
- Monthly billing model (detailed billing and usage information included)
- Additional development & ancillary services available from DSB Consulting: rapid prototyping, POC build out and evaluation, cloud strategy, software development (backend / front end), etc.
- Eradicates security risks from file movement & disparate or off-premises storage
- Enables geographically dispersed workflows with a global workforce
- Supports nomadic production efficiently
- Provides the same Production and Disaster Recovery solution for editorial ops
- Creates maximum flexibility because it’s tool and Cloud agnostic, so no disruptive change management for existing processes and users
- Eliminates guesswork in capacity planning and decreasing edit bay “physical footprint,” as well as streamlining production budgeting and billing
- Facilitates better strategic planning to hone in on tax-credit strategies
- Offers a flexible “pay for what you use” pricing model
Bebop is a style of jazz characterized by a fast tempo, instrumental virtuosity and improvisation.
BeBop Technology takes this same approach to cloud-based content creation processes, infrastructure and connectivity.
BeBop was founded by innovative, deeply experienced experts with a collective, institutional knowledge of the Media & Entertainment industry.
We have unique expertise navigating the public cloud environment, not only from a tech standpoint, but also financially, operationally and in terms of workflow.
We create solutions that empower Media & Entertainment companies to properly manage – and protect – their assets.
Bruce is a technologist, inventor and entrepreneur who’s spent his entire career at the intersection of creativity and technology in content creation.
His extensive career as a Hollywood strategist and technologist has resulted in launching and selling several successful startups and running large media and technology companies.
Bruce is the founder and CEO of Muse VFX in Los Angeles and is the Founder/CEO of New Antics, an advertising technology and marketing company also based in Los Angeles. He is the co-author of New Antics' patented interactive video advertising solutions for brands, publishers and online retailers.
Bruce has served in global senior executive leadership positions with many of Hollywood’s most prominent content creation, entertainment technology, post-production and visual effects companies including Deluxe, Technicolor, Ascent Media, and CBS.
He founded and led many successful businesses at the convergence of digital solutions and content, including Next Element (acquired by Deluxe) and Encore Video and Encore VFX (acquired by Ascent Media Group). He was the executive producer of several motion pictures, television and on-line series, and is a senior advisor to Technicolor and Stoneleigh Investments and a Venture Partner of DFJ Frontier.
David is one of the media and entertainment industry’s most innovative technologists and foremost Cloud experts.
He’s spent his 20-year career - from the Survivors of the Shoah Foundation to overseeing projects for Technicolor to founding DSB Consulting in 2010 - on the cutting edge, developing groundbreaking technology solutions.
David’s held several senior technology executive positions in the post-production arena. As a consultant he’s created numerous transformative data, cloud and workflow solutions for film studios, television networks, digital content developers and distributors. His vast knowledge and expertise includes:
- Enterprise platform design, architecture, deployment and operations
- Cloud-based infrastructure design, deployment and operations; application and product development; and customer service and support operations
- Standardized software development processes
- Global standards development, implementation and commercialization
- Digital video technology development, integration and commercialization
- Post production technology process, development and implementation
Herb is an entertainment technology, marketing, and sales executive with a long history in Hollywood’s post-production industry.
He worked for many years as a film editor. Considered by many to be the “father of non-linear editing,” Herb pioneered the design and implementation of the Ediflex, one of the first and by far the most popular of the pre-digital non–linear editing systems, and was instrumental in growing the company. He subsequently helped transform Encore Non-linear into the largest Avid rental business in the world. He also shares the 1985 Technical Emmy for design and implementation of non-linear editing for filmed programs.
As SVP of Media.net Communications, Herb helped build the first international fiber network for the entertainment industry, connecting all the major Hollywood studios to post-production facilities in Asia, Europe, Canada and the US.
He established the visual effects division at Encore Video and grew it into a powerhouse within its first year, creating the effects for such hit shows as “Ally McBeal,” “The X-Files,” and “Charmed.”
He is a founder of Postproductionpro.com and a member of A.C.E., the UCLA Television and Film Educational Board and F.O.C.U.S. Institute of Film Board of Advisors. A UCLA graduate, Herb taught electronic post-production at UCLA Extension and “The Art of Film Editing” at Loyola Marymount.
Product & Business Development
Jason has more than 15 years of experience launching B2C and B2B platforms in the media, entertainment and content industries.
As Vice President of Innovation and Advanced Solutions for Sony Media Cloud Services, Jason was in charge of product design, research, development and engineering for the company’s cloud-based SAAS collaborative applications for creative professionals and content creators.
He joined Sony Pictures Entertainment’s Corporate Development team in 1998, focusing on evangelizing and incubating ideas related to disruptive technology and new business models. Among his accomplishments was helping to design, develop and launch the first IP video on demand service, Movielink.
Jason went on to hold multiple roles across various Sony business units, including Director of Content for Playstation Network, Vice President, Technology and Operations for Sony Pictures, and Vice President, Advanced Platforms for Sony Pictures.
When he’s not building cloud services, Jason is a songwriter/music producer whose songs have been featured in numerous television series, including “Ugly Betty,” “Monk,” and “ER.”
Communications & Marketing
John is a seasoned communications professional with an extensive background in digital media, entertainment, publishing and technology.
He has more than 15 years of expertise with corporate, consumer and events PR and marketing, messaging, media relations and internal communications.
John was a senior leader of the Los Angeles Times communications team for nearly 9 years. He oversaw PR campaigns for digital initiatives and product launches, entertainment industry and consumer events including the annual Hero Complex Film Festival, Festival of Books, and Envelope Screening Series, and day-to-day media relations.
As the award-winning Director of Music & Digital Entertainment for Rogers & Cowan he represented clients such as Napster and Microsoft. His extensive red carpet talent and media relations experience was further leveraged for events such as the Grammy Awards and the annual Elton John Academy Awards Viewing Party.
John has also written for marketing publications, video games and television and is well versed in film, audio, and video production, photography and design, and music supervision. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Commerce from the University of Virginia.
ga('create', 'UA-43659328-4', 'auto');